HOME profile chat credits exits archive BOOKS +follow



2013: My Year in Books
Wednesday, January 1, 2014@12:01 AM
The best books I've read this year. In no particular order.
No explanation, unfortunately. Just ask me or visit this blog again.^_^

1. 8 Diwata ng Pagkahulog by Edgar Calabia Samar
Other readers say he is the Pinoy Murakami, but for me (someone who haven't read any Murakami), he is Egay and his first novel, 8 Diwata is something you will not (and should not) forget let alone compare to any other works. It is an entity of its own.


2. Soba Senbei Shibuya by F. Sionil Jose
I fell in love with FSJ this year... some can argue that true love should not have any reasons, but in this case I do.


3. Tall Story by Candy Gourlay
There are many reasons why this one is memorable: It's a Pinoy Book. First TFG F2F I moderated. Candy Gourlay is just so awesome. The Cacho Publishing hunt. But what makes it all the more special is TFG. Thank you for that wonderful day/evening guys!


4. Po-On by F. Sionil Jose
Need I say more? I just love this man.


5. Reunion by Alan Lightman
This book is crazy, mad and insane.




6. Trese Series by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo
I discovered that Trese is a girl only this year.

NO PHOTO SOMEONE STOLE MY CAMERA AFTER THE KOMIKON! I'M A BITTER MELON!

7. Filipino Heroes League by Paolo Fabregas
This is an accidental read. But it was a beautiful accident.

Gave my copies to my little brother.

8. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
I didn't give this the highest rating but I'll give it mad props for being innovative.



9. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Newsroom. Graveyard Shift. Internet. This book is about me!



10. Chinese Cinderella
The truth hurts and this book hurt me too much.

Cross posted @ The Library Mistress

Comments 0